to Minotaur Class
Mrs Gough, Mrs Dawes and Year Six
Welcome back, Minotaurs and families!
As we return for our final half-term in Y6, we are diving deep into our new topic: Be Happy, Be Healthy!
What better way to start this topic than a week-long trip to Hagg Farm Outdoor Education Centre! We had an exhilarating, memorable week consisting of abseiling, scavenger hunts, orienteering and bushcraft, problem solving, stream scrambling, rock hopping, night line, Jacob's ladder and ziplining.
Check out the pictures in our Photo Album below :)
Don’t forget: in Y6, all pupils should be reading for pleasure daily. Fifteen minutes before bed is an ideal time. Mrs Dawes is still keeping track of reads recorded in home-school diaries for this term’s reading prizes! Make sure you get your planners signed or it'll be off with your head!
Key dates for HT6:
- 6th-10th June= Hagg Farm residential
- Thursday 16th June= Safety zone (morning only)
- 20th-24th June= National School Sports Week (please see the separate letter for full details)
- 4th-8th July= Pride Week
- Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th July= Outwood transition days
- Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th July= Make £5 Grow product making day
- Wednesday 13th July= Make £5 Grow market day
- Thursday 14th July= Sports day (Ks2= 1:15pm-3:15pm)
- Friday 15th July= Y6 day out to cinema, Olive Grove and laser quest
- 18th July-22nd July= Wheelchair basketball experiences this week
- Tuesday 26th July= Y6's final day at Gateford! Leaver's assembly at 2pm.