Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
How the PE and sport premium is used
Schools use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport they offer.
At Gateford Park Primary School, we use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities that we already offer
- build capacity and capability within school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
- raise the profile of PE and sport across the school
- increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- offer a broader experience of a range of sports and activities to all pupils
- increase participation in competitive sport